Saturday, December 22, 2007

Time is money

The economy isn't what it used to be. Many people are struggling just to get by right now. A friend called me and told me that it breaks his heart that he can't afford to buy his little girl the toy that she wants at walmart.
I told him, "Don't take her to Walmart, take her fishing or to the park. Play a game with her or color or watch a movie together". When we look back at our childhood, our fondest memories are not of the things that our parents bought us from the store, it is the moments that we spent together.
This past weekend, there was a lot that I could not afford to buy my kids. But we had a lot of fun spending time making candy sushi and watching movies. And while the toybox may not have gotten more full, the photo album and memories did increase.

No comments: