Saturday, December 22, 2007

In a dogs mind.

As I was feeding the dog this morning, I accidentally knocked the bowl over. The food spilled out and scattered on the floor. I looked at the dog and he looked at me. I figured he would just eat it off the floor but as I walked away, he looked at me as if to say, "But it is on the floor".
An hour went by and he just sat there and stared at the food on the floor. He never moved once but instead, kept a constant vigile on the spilled food.
The mess was bothering me a bit and I thought that the dog may just not be hungry so I picked up the food and put it back in the bowl. Without hesitation, the dog began to eat. I couldn't believe it. That dog will eat out of the garbage, drink from the toilet, lick his own rear-end and eat his own vomit. But, God forbid, he eats some food off the floor. My kids eat food off the floor all the time. I don't encourage it. But, I have never seen them eat their own barf or lick themselves. I did catch one of them eating from the garbage though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I have two dogs and there's no way that food would have laid there for more than a second and they would have been on it. Mine get fed twice each day and no food ever lays about in their dishes.