Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tiger Woods puts balls in a whole - big deal

 I'm getting tired of hearing about Tiger Woods and all the women that he has slept with.  For the life of me, I can't figure out what makes this guy so famous.  He plays GOLF for a living people.  What purpose does that serve?  I mean, he hits a ball into a hole...big deal.  I tear out old bathrooms and kitchens and rebuild them into new bathrooms and kitchens, at least that serves a purpose.  This guys puts (or Putts) a ball into a hole and becomes a famous millionaire while I am struggling to buy groceries.  Does that seem right to you?

Sure, it takes some skill to hit a ball into a hole.  I'm not saying it's easy.  But people call him an athlete?  Oh please!!!  Hand him an 80 pound jackhammer and have him chisel up 1,200 square feet of floor tile and carry it down 3 flights of stairs and I MIGHT consider him an athlete.  All he does is hit this little ball into a hole with a golf club that only weighs a few ounces and women are lining up to sleep with him?  Where's my entourage of women who would love a new kitchen or bathroom?  What kind of athleticism does it take to drive a golf cart?

Obviously, I have the minority opinion here and I'm sure I will hear many arguments from this post.  Personally, I find it much more impressive to do remodeling work than to put a ball into a hole but the net worth speaks for itself.  Golfing is a huge industry.  Personally, I think it's the most boring sport and I am using the term “Sport” very loosely.  I mean “sport” as in chess, not “sport” as in football or baseball or hockey.  Now, if Tiger Woods could hit a ball into a hole while being chased by Warren Sapp, THAT might be a good sport.  Yeah, if someone “hiked” the ball to him and he had to fire off a shot while 300 pounds of linebacker was closing in on him, that would be a REAL sport.

7 comments:

Ladymoss said...

Yeh... thats life. Some people have to work very hard for nothing. While others gets paid to play...Luck him is does not play golf only, he plays woman as well.

Thomas Krawford said...

You actually I think he's a sex addict.
poor guy, huh? i should be so lucky.
by the way, really nice blog and great writing.

Hels said...

I agree with you, but for a slightly different reason. Woods did absolutely nothing criminal or dangerous. He destroyed his marriage, but that is a totally private and moral concern.

I want to hear the community outrage about people (sportsmen, singers) who rape 12 year old boys, drug groupies in hotel rooms and commit other criminal acts.

Criminal behaviour should be publicised, denounced and tried in court. Private behaviour is nobody's business.

As for virtually unearned income, again I agree with you. Film stars, elite sportsmen, bankers with obscene bonuses.. *sigh*

dev oza said...

nice blog mate. delightful serendipity. keep it up.

Anonymous said...

It's a topsy-turvy world we live in to be sure.
Personally I think all sportsmen (and women)are vastly overpaid for what they do. It's painfull to see them "struggling by" on wages that would keep a small country going!
And all this "sex addict" twaddle - please - that's just a poor excuse for bad behaviour.
You, doing your job, play a far more useful role to society than any of these egotistical, out of touch with reality, idiots, who wouldn't know what hard work is.

Anonymous said...

Ekim--By mistake, I stumbled across your blog a couple years ago and from time to time I open it just to see what you have written. Each time I close it with a smile. I truly believe you could hang up your hammer and write professionally! What a breath of fresh air you seem to be. Please write more often and I promise to open this blog more than once a year!!

t said...

totally agreed. Football also gets on my nerves in almost the same way. A group of eleven men run after a ball and people fight and kill each other over it. It's not even a religion, a belief or an idea is's just a stupid sport. I don't understand this world we're living in...