Thursday, January 3, 2008

A bird in the hand, deal or no deal.

I am embarrassed to admit that, on occasion, I get sucked into reality television. With the writers on strike and non-reality tv (that's right, the fake kind) just doing repeats, what else is there to watch. This is not an easy transition to make. I lose my safety net of being able to tell myself, "it's just make-believe". Unscripted, human behavior can be a little disappointing to watch sometimes.
Todays example was "Deal or no deal". Now they say that the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math and "deal or no deal" is the show for these same people. Just once I would like to see a Las Vegas odds maker get on that show. Granted, he would only leave with just over $200,000 but he would leave with it. Time after time I see people pass that up and walk away with just chump change.
Greed is a tremendous driving force and the lure of a million dollars is too much temptation for people to make wise decisions. I honestly don't know if I would be able to walk away. But a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

No comments: